Disputes following the purchase of a new or used vehicle top the complaint tables every year, hence why it is a very common complaint type seen in the courts.

When complaining to a dealership or indeed a private seller, it is vitally important that you understand and know your rights.

In the first instance we advise that you approach the trader in question using a template letter before action. In many cases this will resolve the matter without the need to use our services, or those of another law firm.

If the trader rejects your claim, you should ask if they are a member of an ADR scheme. If they are not, we can help by advising you on the small claims court route.

The small claims process was designed for consumers to use the process without a lawyer. However, if you are claiming against a company (a retailer, holiday company etc.) it is highly likely that they will have legal representation, putting you at a disadvantage.

It is important that you state your case properly and that you cite the correct law, and this is where we can help in one of three ways:

1. We can draft the court papers for you, at a fixed fee of £99 plus VAT

2. We can deal with the whole matter for you, at a fixed fee of £200 plus VAT.

3. Alternatively, we can provide you with a written legal opinion (tailored to the facts of your case), which will include a step by step guide on what you need to do to get your refund. This is at a fixed cost of £100 plus VAT.